Census 2021 refresher

Glenn - The Census Expert

Glenn is our resident Census expert. After ten years working at the ABS, Glenn's deep knowledge of the Census has been a crucial input in the development of our community profiles. These tools help everyday people uncover the rich and important stories about our communities that are often hidden deep in the Census data. Glenn is also our most prolific blogger - if you're reading this, you've just finished reading one of his blogs. Take a quick look at the front page of our blog and you'll no doubt find more of Glenn's latest work. As a client manager, Glenn travels the country giving sought-after briefings to councils and communities (these are also great opportunities for Glenn to tend to his rankings in Geolocation games such as Munzee and Geocaching).

You may also like...

4 Responses

  1. Angelo says:

    Why the big hoohaa about the census papers are only in English.
    If you live in an English speaking country.
    One must speak,read and write the best one can.

    • Hi Angelo – thanks for the comment. It’s correct that the Census form must be answered in English. But there are translated versions of all the Census guide questions, and ABS has a “Help in your language” page in 28 different languages. https://www.census.abs.gov.au/help/languages . Many people have family members help with the Census form, if they have poor English proficiency, and Census field staff can also help.

  2. Julie says:

    Aged care facility my husband resides in says they have filled out form on behalf of him, not asked if he wanted to fill in form himself. This is an infringement of his rights. Next they will be voting for him too.

    • I’m sorry to hear that Julie – Every person does have the right to fill in their own Census – I know in some aged care establishments they do forms on behalf of the residents who are unable to do so themselves – but they should be giving the option to each resident who is capable. I’d suggest contacting the ABS for an online code (call 1800 512 441) to see if your husband can do a separate one. They may be able to replace the record. But as we are not the ABS (we only work with the data) we can’t help you any more than that I’m afraid!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

.id blog